If you get action emails from Move On, 350.org, or NRDC, you know about the “undead” Keystone pipeline, and may have been one of the 700,000+ signers of the petition against bringing it back to life. You may have missed Bill McKibben, co-founder of 350.org, on the Colbert Report Feb. 13 Check out Bill’s third attempt to enlist Stephen in the fight to make climate change a top-tier issue. He was jailed after a protest at the White House, which led to Obama’s decision to shelve the Keystone XL pipeline for now; Senate Republicans have brought it back to life by introducing an amendment to a transportation bill, which led to the emergency petition and signature drive. The segment is embedded on Rolling Stone online; or watch it with more context on the Huffington Post Green blog.
- Highlights of the Largest Climate Rally in History
- Arrests in Washington Signal Increasing Urgency on Keystone Pipeline by Chris Francis — YES! Magazine
- The Climate Movement Gets a Boost from 50,000 Protestors in D.C.
- Al Gore on the Daily Show: “I wish I was wrong about climate change”
- Mitigation and Adaptation: Hawai’i Plans for Climate Change