The folks at 350.org have put together the story of the February 17 demonstration in photos, video clips, and tweets. It’s very inspiring. You can breeze through it, or take your time, watching the clips and listening to short selections from impassioned speakers like the Hip Hop Caucus’s Rev Yearwood, Chief Jackie Thomas (speaking for Canada’s indigenous groups that oppose the Keystone Pipeline), Van Jones from Rebuild the Dream, and the Sierra Club’s Michael Brune. Is this made using a program called Story–does anyone know? It’s very user-friendly, whatever was used.
- Highlights of the Largest Climate Rally in History
- Arrests in Washington Signal Increasing Urgency on Keystone Pipeline by Chris Francis — YES! Magazine
- The Climate Movement Gets a Boost from 50,000 Protestors in D.C.
- Al Gore on the Daily Show: “I wish I was wrong about climate change”
- Mitigation and Adaptation: Hawai’i Plans for Climate Change