The fee would apply to paper as well as plastic, so it’s a paper-and-plastic bag, or single-use checkout bag law. The committee hearing is Thursday, February 9. If it passes, it will be the first state-wide law in the country.
- Highlights of the Largest Climate Rally in History
- Arrests in Washington Signal Increasing Urgency on Keystone Pipeline by Chris Francis — YES! Magazine
- The Climate Movement Gets a Boost from 50,000 Protestors in D.C.
- Al Gore on the Daily Show: “I wish I was wrong about climate change”
- Mitigation and Adaptation: Hawai’i Plans for Climate Change